- Former Vice President of the United States
- Pro to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
“I do not favor legalizing marijuana and I don’t favor doing it through the back door which some of these state initiatives tend to aim toward. But I think that where you have sufficient controls, I think that doctors ought to have that option.”
ABC News, Dec. 15, 1999
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Recipient, Nobel Peace Prize, 2007
- Democratic candidate for President of the United States, 2000
- Vice President of the United States, 1992-2000
- U.S. Senate (D-TN), 1984-1992
- Member, U.S. House of Representatives (D-TN), 6th District, 1976 – 1984
- U.S. Army; served in Vietnam, 1969 – 1971
- Vanderbilt Law School, 1976
- Attended Vanderbilt University Divinity School, 1971-1972
- BA, Government, Harvard University, 1969
- Legal name is Albert Arnold Gore Jr.
- Commissioned Institute of Medicine report to assess the benefits and risks of marijuana, 1997