- Circuit Judge in the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- None Found to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
No position found as of Oct. 2002
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to medical marijuana. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to medical marijuana issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Circuit Judge, US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 1985-present
- Chief Judge, US Court of Federal Claims, 1982-1985
- Assistant Counsel, Office of Counsel to the President, 1981
- Law Clerk, Chief Justice Warren Burger, Supreme Court of the United States, 1976-1977
- Law Clerk, Hon. Anthony Kennedy, US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1975-1976
- JD, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), 1975
- BA, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), 1972
- Nominated by President Ronald Reagan, confirmed by Senate, 1985
- Born in Bucharest, Romania, 1950