- Former Governor of Rhode Island (R)
- Con to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
“[Medical marijuana] is illegal. The Supreme Court has ruled it is illegal. We are putting people in a position of having to acquire this illegally. I don’t know why as a state we think this is a good thing to do. I understand the empathy for people in pain and suffering who get some relief from this, but I think from a public policy standpoint it is really ill-advised.”
“House Oks Bill To Make Medical Marijuana Permanent,” The Call by Jim Baron, May 2, 2007
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Governor of Rhode Island (R), Jan. 7, 2003-Jan. 4, 2011
- Former Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Cookson America and Joint Managing Director, Cookson Group Worldwide, 1983-1997
- Director of West Indies operation, Catholic Relief Service, 1981-1983
- Former Executive Vice President, Old Stone Bank
- Former High School Math Teacher
- BA, International Relations, Brown University, 1965
- None found