- Member of the Associazione Cannabis Terapeutica
- Pro to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
“I’m a specialist in Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, particularly interested in Pain Therapy and in Phytotherapy. Because of my interest in these fields, I discovered cannabis. At the beginning the interest was only ‘academic’, but the medical literature was convincing for me. Then I discovered a lot of patients whose sufferings were relieved only by this plant.”
May 21, 2002
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Physicians [Physicians are the "key experts" in the medical marijuana debate because the issue is thought by many to be ultimately based on the medical value and risks of marijuana, and Physicians, with their training and clinical work, should (at least in theory) have the best knowledge of marijuana's medical value and risks.] [Note: Key Experts definition varies by sites that have this designation.]
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Member, Associazione Cannabis Terapeutica (www.medicalcannabis.it)
- Società Italiana di Fitoterapia (S.I.Fit.)
- Department of Anesthesia, San Luca Hospital, Trecenta (Rovigo)
- Associazione Anestesisti Rianimatori Ospedalieri Italiani (A.A.R.O.I)
- MD, School of Medicine, University of Padua, 1986
- Degree in Phytotherapy, University of Siena
- Degree in Pain Therapy, University of Padua
- Degree in Reflexotherapy, University of Padua
- Specialist in anesthesiology and intensive care. Particularly interested in pain therapy and phytotherapy.