- Founder and President of the Krieger Foundation
- Pro to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
“Cannabis is a drug I won’t let go of. It’s done more for me than any pharmaceutical.”
Calgary Herald, “Unglamorous MS Patient Denied His Gold,” May 24, 1998
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Founder and President, Krieger Foundation
- Medical Marijuana Activist
- None found
- Defendant in Grant Wayne Krieger v. Her Majesty the Queen on charges of trafficking marijuana, which he claims was for medical purposes – for himself and others. He was acquitted by his first jury, but the Alberta Court of Appeal dismissed the verdict. At his second trial in 2003, the Queen’s Bench judge compelled the jury to convict him, even though at least two jurors were opposed. The Alberta Court of Appeal upheld the verdict. The Canadian Supreme Court, in a 7-0 judgment on Oct. 26, 2006, overturned Krieger’s conviction, ruling that jury nullification was legal.