- Medical Director at the Shropshire and Mid Wales Severn Hospice
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
“The primary analysis of change from baseline in mean pain Numerical Rating Scale (NRS) score was statistically significantly in favor of THC:CBD compared with placebo… This study shows that THC:CBD extract is efficacious for relief of pain in patients with advanced cancer pain not fully relieved by strong opioids.”
“Multicenter, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group Study of the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of THC:CBD Extract and THC Extract in Patients with Intractable Cancer-Related Pain,” Journal of Pain and Symptom Management website, Nov. 6, 2009
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Medical Director, Shropshire and Mid Wales Severn Hospice
- Consultant, Specialist Palliative Care, Severn Hospice
- Principal Invesitgator, palliative care study sponsored by GW Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- MBChB (Combined Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery/Chirurgery degree), University of Birmingham
- None found