- Co-Director of Kaiser-Permanente Northern California Ethics Department
- Pro to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
“From working with AIDS and cancer patients, I repeatedly saw how marijuana could ameliorate a patient’s debilitating fatigue, restore appetite, diminish pain, remedy nausea, cure vomiting and curtail down-to-the-bone weight loss.
The federal obsession with a political agenda that keeps marijuana out of the hands of sick and dying people is appalling and irrational.”
San Francisco Chronicle, Feb. 16, 2003
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Co-Director, Kaiser-Permanente Northern California Ethics Department
- Specialty: Rheumatology
- MD, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, 1980
- None found
- Quoted in: