- Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School
- Pro to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
“Cannabis is remarkably safe. Although not harmless, it is surely less toxic than most of the conventional medicines it could replace if it were legally available. Despite its use by millions of people over thousands of years, cannabis has never cause an overdose death.”
Testimony before the Crime Subcommittee of the Judiciary Committee in the US House of Representatives, October 1, 1997
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
- MD, Harvard Medical School, 1955
- Quoted in: