- Editorial Director at Access Media Group
- Con to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
“[N]o research has found that marijuana is anywhere near as effective as legal glaucoma medications…
The American Academy of Ophthalmology, among other authoritative sources, says the risky side effects of marijuana (such as lowered blood pressure, increased heart rate, poor pregnancy outcomes, poor motor coordination, impaired memory and increased risk of cancer and emphysema) far outweigh any benefit.
Popular opinion persistently exaggerates the benefit of marijuana for glaucoma.
This is unfortunate, because people who use marijuana instead of their prescribed glaucoma medication run a big risk of having irreversible vision loss.”
“Glaucoma Treatment: Eye Drops and Other Medications,” AllAboutVision.com, Jan. 2012
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Editorial Director, Access Media Group, 2006-present
- Webmaster, Access Media Group
- Founding editor, All About Vision.com, 1999-present
- Recipient, “Most Influential Women in Optical,” Vision Monday, 2011
- Managing editor and editor-in-chief, Eyecare Business, 1994-1997
- Founding editor, OptiStock News
- Former magazine editor, Cahners Publishing
- Former Group Editorial Director, Consumer Guide
- BA, French Literature, Italian Literature, University of New Hampshire
- Lives in San Diego
- Creates websites for nonprofit organizations involved in AIDS hostel care, homeless animal shelters, and feral cat spaying/neutering
- Produced consumer waiting-room magazines for organizations such as the Contact Lens Manufacturers Association and CIBA Vision
- Quoted in: