- Member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors
- Pro to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
“If the federal government insists on standing in our way locally, we must take matters into our own hands and protect the lives of our community members and protect their right to access life-saving medicine.”
“S.F. Considers Growing Its Own,” SF Gate, July 23, 2002
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Supervisor, District 8, San Francisco
- Vice-Chair: S.F. Health and Human Services Committee
- Owner of Budget Signs, Inc.
- Candidate for State Assembly, 2002
- Delegate to the Democratic Convention, Los Angeles, Aug. 2000
- BA, American College of Jerusalem
- Attended University of Colorado at Boulder
- Two years in Rabbinical Studies, Hebrew Union, NY
- Introduced a measure before the Board of Supervisors to study the issue of having the city of San Francisco grow marijuana for medical marijuana patients in that city