- Member of the U.S. House of Representatives (D-NY)
- Pro to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
“People who are dying and suffering in states where medical marijuana is legal should be able to use the drug under a doctor’s supervision to ease their pain without having to worry that the federal government is going to bust down their door and arrest them. It is immoral to deny people access to medicine that can help relieve their pain and suffering.”
June 28, 2006
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Member, U.S. House of Representatives, New York’s 22nd Congressional District, 1992-Present
- Member, House Appropriations Committee
- Member, House Natural Resources Committee
- Member, Board of Visitors, U.S. Military Academy at West Point
- New York State Assembly, 1975-1992
- MA, State University of New York at New Paltz
- BS, State University of New York at New Paltz
- None found
- Quoted in: