- About Guide to Depression, About.com
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
“There is much debate as to whether marijuana might actually help depression… Although there is preliminary evidence that marijuana may have antidepressant properties, many argue there are also some important drawbacks to it’s usage… Although the depressed person may feel relief from their symptoms, this may be an illusion of well-being if the person loses motivation and productivity. Furthermore, if the drug is smoked, it can be far more harmful to the respiratory system that tobacco use because of the fact that it is not filtered.”
About.com (accessed June 2, 2006)
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- About Guide to Depression, About.com, 1998-present
- Post-graduate work in Community Health Education, school unknown
- MS, school unknown
- None found