- Clinical Neuroscience Researcher at London's Royal Free and University College Medical School
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
“I have shown that cannabinoids including noladin ether and anandamide are neuroprotective against amyloid-ß [chemical deposits in the brain].
The protective mechanism is mediated via cannabinoid CB1 receptor activation of p42/p44 kinase pathways [signaling pathways in the brain].”
Alzheimer’s Research Forum, Aug 28, 2006
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to medical marijuana. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to medical marijuana issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Clinical Neuroscience Researcher, London’s Royal Free and University College Medical School
- Co-founder and Research Director, NeuroDelta Ltd., 2003-present
- Research Director, Insight Biotechnology Ltd., 1996-2004
- Winner, University College London Entrepreneur’s Challenge competition, 2003
- PhD, school unknown
- None found