- Director of the Center for Drug Research
- Pro to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
“A neutral view on drugs is highly improbable in a world that translates the drug issue in war metaphors. I am convinced that only the abolition of drug prohibition might ultimately create the conditions for a maximum of independent scientific involvement in the issue.”
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to medical marijuana. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to medical marijuana issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Director, Center for Drug Research
- Professor, School of Social and Behavioral Sciences, University of Amsterdam
- Director, Amsterdam Drug Research Program
- Board of Directors, European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction
- Advisor, Observatoire de Drogues of the European Union
- Representative, European Parliament, 1993-1995
- PhD, Psychology/Sociology, University of Amsterdam, 1968
- None found