- Criminal Defense Attorney and Founder of the Law Offices of Richard J. Beada
- Pro to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
“The practice of Federal prosecutors to not indict simple possession of marijuana cases is a policy decision, grounded more in the efficient use of limited prosecutorial resources than in any recognition from the justice department that medical marijuana should be a national trend.”
Email to ProCon.org, Feb. 2002
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to medical marijuana. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to medical marijuana issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Founder, Law Offices of Richard J. Beada
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- City Attorney, Santa Monica, 1981-1982
- Handled numerous drug cases in state and federal court, representing defendants
- JD, Southwestern University School of Law, 1980
- BA, New England College, 1976
- None found