- Member of the New York State Assembly, 64th District
- Pro to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
“Thousands of New Yorkers have serious or life-threatening medical conditions that can be improved by medically-approved use of marijuana. The law should not stand between them and life-sustaining treatment under physician supervision.”
“Medical Use of Marijuana,” 1997
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to medical marijuana. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to medical marijuana issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Member, New York State Assembly, 4th District, 1970-present
- Member, Health Committee
- Fellow, New York Academy of Medicine
- Member, American Public Health Association
- JD, Columbia Law School, 1973
- BA, Cornell University, 1968
- Proposed legislation in New York State to allow for the medical use of marijuana