- Former Governor of Maryland (R)
- Pro to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
“I am predisposed to support it [medical marijuana]. It’s personal. My wife and I saw a very strong person taken down inch by inch [by cancer].”
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to medical marijuana. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to medical marijuana issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Governor of Maryland (R), 2003-2007
- Member, U.S. House of Representatives (R-MD), 1995-2003
- Deputy Minority Whip, U.S. House of Representatives, 1997-2003
- Member, House Subcommittee on Health
- Co-Chairman, House Biotechnology Caucus
- Member, Maryland House of Delegates, 1987
- JD, Wake Forest University School of Law, 1982
- BA, Princeton University, 1979
- None found