- Pro to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
“Medications that relieve nausea and vomiting are called antiemetics, and are frequently prescribed for patients suffering from cancer…
• There is strong evidence that the cannabinoids naturally produced in the body play a role in suppressing nausea in normal circumstances, and intake of cannabinoids from medical marijuana during episodes of nausea can also effectively relieve symptoms…
• Inhaled medical marijuana achieves superior results in reducing nausea and vomiting over synthetic alternatives (Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol as an antiemetic in cancer patients receiving high-dose methotrexate, Chang, A.E. et al.)
• Vaporized, inhaled medical marijuana is a safe alternative to traditional smoked cannabis, and avoids many issues encountered with the ingestion of other medications, as swallowing medications during an episode of nausea or vomiting is uncomfortable and undesirable (Evaluation of a Vaporizing Device (Volcano) for the Pulmonary Administration of Tetrahydrocannabinol, Hazekamp, A. et al.)
• The body absorbs medical marijuana quickly because it is similar to the cannabinoids the body naturally produces. More cannabinoids are absorbed in inhaled form than in ingested form, since the body attempts to metabolize any ingested medication before absorption. This action also reduces the effectiveness of standard therapies, including synthetic cannabis (Physiochemical and pharmacological characterization of a delta(9)-THC aerosol generated by a metered dose inhaler, Wilson, D.M. et al.).”
“Nausea and Vomiting – (N/V),” UnitedPatientsGroup.com (accessed on Mar.18, 2015)
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
“We are a one stop shop, considered by many, the WebMD of the cannabis industry. We’re not a dispensary and we don’t sell products. We are an informative site for patients and families of all ages as well as for doctors and other medical professionals wanting to learn more about cannabis as a medicine.
Your United Patients Group team is dedicated to providing the most discreet, professional and safe resource for Medical Cannabis. Whether you have Cancer, Chronic Pain, MS, Arthritis or Anxiety, we are committed to helping you locate what you need.”
“About United Patients Group,” United Patient’s Group website (accessed Mar. 18, 2015)
- Healthcare website
- Quoted in: