- United States District Court Judge
- None Found to the question "Should Marijuana Be a Medical Option?"
No position found as of 2002.
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to medical marijuana. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to medical marijuana issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- United States District Court Judge, Northern District of California
- Clerk, Supreme Court Justice William Douglas
- Assistant to Solicitor General of the U.S. under President Carter
- Appointed by President Bill Clinton, August 1999
- Confirmed by Senate, July 30, 1999
- MPP, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, 1972
- JD, Harvard Law, 1971
- BS, Mathematics, Mississippi State University, 1967
- Was among the student campus leaders working for integration in the 1960’s
- Umpires and coaches Little League baseball and involves himself in conservation work on behalf of Yosemite National Park